A cycling Expedition amidst the Jungles
In collaboration with “Rajasthan Forest Department” here, we present an exclusive event. An Initiative of Udaipur range of Rajasthan Forest Department with a view to promoting Wildlife-Eco-Responsible tourism at the same time provides the Cyclist with a thrilling jungle experience. This adventure jungle trail is specially designed amidst the wilderness of Aravalis of Udaipur range, India.
After due thought process and many recce trips along with Forest officials keeping in mind every aspect from untraced paths, area-specific flora and fauna, hardship levels, adventure, accommodation, Knowledge sharing, places of historical and archaeological importance, tourist attractions and every bit one can think of, here we present the one of its kind Event in India – “Pedal To Jungle”.
We do not commit the Lavish luxuries of a sophisticated hotel and delicacies of a multi-cuisine restaurant. But yes, Of-course the accommodation will be good tents pitched at beautiful locations and at neat and clean Forest Guest Houses. Food will be traditional with lots of healthy elements.
The total trip will be a cycling of around 180 kilometers spread through 3 days starting from Baghdarah Nature Park to Jagat, a temple of historical importance in a small village on the way to Jaisamand Lake. The next day we ride further to Sitamata Wildlife sanctuary and on the third day, we conclude the expedition at Badwai Lake a place for Migratory birds. The trail is such that most of the part is rarely open for general public making the trip all the more exclusive. Since the trip is in collaboration with Forest department, all through the trip forest department officials will accompany us. Specialist in the field, area, and subjects will be available at our stopover points and other important stages of the trip to share their knowledge and experience. The trip will be a treat for Wildlife enthusiast, Bird watching enthusiasts, Photography enthusiasts and off course for the cycling and adventure seekers.
This is one of a kind event in India, probably the first in India which is not a usual jungle Safari but a Cycle Jungle Safari supervised by Forest Department.
Highlights of the this Cycling-Jungle Expedition:
- A cycling expedition of 2 night 3 days amidst jungles of Udaipur range of Sothern Aravallis
- One of a kind experience in India, where the riders will be the guest of Forest Department.
- Baghdarah Nature Park, Ambika Temple – Jagat Archaeological site, Jaisamand – 2nd biggest manmade lake in Asia, Sitamata Wildlife Sanctuary – a journey of approx 180 kms through the jungle
- Numerous varieties of birds in their natural habitats and migratory birds
- Various rare species of animals found only in this stretch
- Mountain bicycles with experienced tour guides
- Under Supervision of forest department officials
- Expert interaction and guidance on flora and fauna
- once in a calendar year event
- Tour starts with pickup from a single point at 06:30 from Forest Department Head Quarters Udaipur.
- Guests will be transferred to Baghdarah Nature Park entry Gate by Bus.
- With an exhaustive briefing of the tour, Bikes and Tour Leaders will be Introduced.
- We ride into the Jungle of Baghdarah for an approx 6-7 kilometers around the lake in forest area, a track never experienced on bicycle and rarely open for general public.
- Halt at the baghdara lake amidst the depths of the Jungle for morning breakfast.
- Pedal further and exit the park from the second gate.
- By this time we are warmed up for a long ride and start pedaling on a road along the hills, with numerous ups and downs towards JAGAT, a place of historical importance under the preservation of ASI. (Approx 25 kilometers from exit gate of Baghdara). The place along with its historical importance is in equally calm and serene environs, which is rarely visited because of its limited exposure.
- A brief stopover to explore this Temple of 10th century and surroundings along with quick refreshments.
- Next destination is JAISAMAND LAKE, an approx 15 kilometers ride, of which some 4-5 kilometers will be alongside the lake. This Lake is the second biggest manmade lake in Asia.
- On reaching our Halt point on the banks of Jaisamand Lake (approx 14:00 hours), forest department team will take over the group for lodging and boarding, as this is the place of night stay wherein Tents will be kept readily pitched (alternative arrangements will be provided for ladies at Estate Guest House there itself) with suitable and standard facilities
- Post check into the respective accommodations delicious and healthy lunch will be served.
- Post lunch and rest, a trek to Ruthi Rani Mahal awaits.
- An evening tea with snacks along the banks of lake.
- A campfire, few activities, Dinner and a good night’s sleep to rejuvenate for an even more adventurous ride.
- Early wake up and get ready for the day.
- Post Breakfast, a small briefing will be conducted of how the day will proceed..
- By 0800 Hours start pedaling to Dhariyawad again through jungle trails passing through enroute villages. Approx 50 kilometers.
- An stopover before Dhariyawad at a jungle side location, a traditional lunch will be served.
- After a short personal time/ rest, hop on to your bicycles and pedal for another 20 kilometers (approx) towards Aarampura Forest Guest House, located inside the Sitamata wildlife Sanctuary. Expected time to reach 1530 hrs.
- On reaching Aarampura light refreshments and check in to respective accommodations.
- Evening get together at 17:00 Hours for tea, interaction with few specialists of local Flora and Fauna, and a very rare sight of Flying Squirrels.
- A camp fire, Interaction with forest officials, Dinner and a good night’s sleep to rejuvenate for an even more adventurous ride.
- Early wakeup, and a small jungle trek is planned.
- Breakfast at 08;30 Hours
- Post breakfast, Start riding again by 0900 for Badwai Lake ( a small lake famous for migratory birds) which is 45 km through the jungle and village trails.
- Lunch at Badwai Lake
- Post lunch, a parting ceremony, souvenirs and feedback.
- A bus will be ready to drive us back to Forest Department Head Quarters Udaipur.
Terms and Conditions- :
SECURITY DEPOSIT AGAINST Bicycle DAMAGE & REPAIRS
Every rider has to make a refundable deposit of INR 2000 (Rupees Two Thousand only) for the Bicycle. This deposit will be refunded at the end, if there is any damage or repair work in the bike due to rider’s mishandling the amount for the same will be deducted from the deposit If there is no damage or repairs to the Bike then total amount will be refunded to guest. In the event of any accident/ major damage, the rider shall pay the amount equal to the cost of damage or get the bike properly repaired us.
- Payment will be paid to DCF, WL, Udaipur.
- For availability & Enrolment contact us.