A cycling Expedition amidst the Jungles
“Rajasthan Forest Department – Wildlife circle Udaipur” in collaboration with Le Tour De India (Adventure partner) brings you the 2nd Edition of exclusive cycling adventure of Pedal To Jungle. With a view of promoting Wildlife-Eco-Responsible tourism at the same time provides the Cyclist with a thrilling jungle experience. This adventure jungle expedition is specially designed amidst the wilderness of Southern Aravallis of Udaipur range.
After due thought process and many recce trips keeping in mind every aspect from untraced paths, area-specific flora and fauna, hardship levels, adventure, accommodation, Knowledge sharing, places of historical and archaeological importance, tourist attractions and every bit one can think of, here we present the One of its kind Event in India – “Pedal To Jungle”.
We do not commit any luxuries of a sophisticated hotel and delicacies of a multi-cuisine restaurant. But yes, Of-course the accommodation will be good tents at beautiful locations amidst the nature. Food will be traditional with lots of healthy elements.
The total trip will be a cycling of around 220 kilometers spread through 3 days starting from Baghdarah Nature Park to Jaisamand Lake via Jagat, a small village with a ancient temple of historical importance on the way. The next day we ride further to Sitamata Wildlife sanctuary and on the third day, we conclude the expedition at Dam Dama (As the name says this is the places where one take rest after a hardcore adventurous ride).
The ride is all through the jungle Trials that most of the part is rarely open for general public making the trip all the more exclusive. Since the trip is in collaboration with Forest department, all through the trip forest department officials will accompany us. Specialist in the field, area, and subjects will be available at our stopover points and other important stages of the trip to share their knowledge and experience. The trip will be a treat for Wildlife enthusiast, Bird watching enthusiasts, Photography enthusiasts and off course for the cycling and adventure seekers.
This is one of a kind event in India, probably the first in India which is not a usual jungle Safari but a Cycle Jungle Safari supervised by Forest Department.
- A cycling expedition amidst jungles of Udaipur range of Southern Aravallis.
- One of a kind experience in India, where the riders will be the guest of Forest Department.
- Baghdarah Nature Park, Ambika Temple – Jagat Archaeological site, Jaisamand – 2nd biggest manmade lake in Asia, Sitamata Wildlife Sanctuary – a journey of approx 220 kms through the dense forest.
- Numerous varieties of birds in their natural habitats and migratory birds.
- Various rare species of animals found only in this stretch.
- Experienced tour captains, Prompt mechanics and support staff.
- Under Supervision of forest department officials.
- Expert interaction and guidance on flora and fauna.
- All the participants have to be on board on the 29th Nov 2018 evening by 6 pm @ Hotel YOIS Udaipur.
- Welcome Ceremony on 29th Nov at “Bike Studio” Udaipur where we will be doing the re registrations, to keep a final count. Cycling Jersey, placard, stickers distribution and to brief the whole itinerary to the participants by our tour leaders followed by Dinner at Chawala’s Garden Restaurant.
- Also while the registrations, everyone will be allotted with the tent numbers for 30th Nov and 1st Dec. Accommodation in tents will be on twin sharing basis.
- Overnight stay for the 29th Nov’s night is in Hotel YOIS on Triple sharing basis.
- Tour starts with pickup at 05:30 from Hotel Valley View Udaipur. Guests will be transferred to Baghdarah Nature Park entry Gate by Bus. With an exhaustive briefing of the tour, Forest Officials, Tour Captains support team will be Introduced.
- We ride into the Jungle of Baghdarah for an approx 6-7 kilometers around the lake in forest area, a track never experienced on bicycle and rarely open for general public.
- Halt at the baghdara lake amidst the depths of the Jungle for morning breakfast.
- Pedal further and exit the park from the second gate.
- By this time we are warmed up for a long ride and start pedaling on a road along the hills, with numerous ups and downs towards JAGAT, a place of historical importance under the preservation of ASI. (Approx 25 kilometers from exit gate of Baghdara). The place along with its historical importance is in equally calm and serene environs, which is rarely visited because of its limited exposure.
- A brief stopover to explore this Temple of 10th century and surroundings along with quick refreshments.
- Next destination is JAISAMAND LAKE, an approx 15 kilometers ride, of which some 4-5 kilometers will be alongside the lake. This Lake is the second biggest man-made lake in Asia.
- On reaching our Halt point on the banks of Jaisamand Lake (approx 14:00 hours), forest department team will take over the group for lodging and boarding, as this is the place of night stay wherein Tents will be kept readily pitched (alternative arrangements will be provided for ladies at Forest Guest House there itself) with basic facilities.
- Post check into the respective accommodations delicious and healthy lunch will be served.
- Post lunch and rest, a trek to Ruthi Rani Mahal awaits followed by evening boat ride in Jaisamand lake and high tea.
- A campfire, few activities, Dinner and a good night’s sleep to rejuvenate for an even more adventurous ride.
- Early wake up and get ready for the day.
- Post Breakfast, a small briefing will be conducted of how the day will proceed.
- By 07:30 Hours start pedaling to Dhariyawad again through jungle trails passing through enroute villages. Approx 70 kilometers. An stopover before Dhariyawad at a jungle side location, a traditional welcome with refreshments will be served.
- After a short personal time/ rest, hop on to your bicycles and pedal for another 30 kilometers (approx) towards Anuppura Forest check post, located inside the Sitamata wildlife Sanctuary. Expected time to reach 15:30 hrs.
- On reaching at Anuppura Check post, check in to respective tented accommodations The tents are pitched at picturesque bank of Jakham River.
- Evening get together at 17:00 Hours for tea, interaction with few specialists of local Flora and Fauna, with experts from forest Department.
- A camp fire, Interaction with forest officials, Dinner and a good night’s sleep to rejuvenate for an even more adventurous ride.
- Early wakeup, and a 30 minutes yoga session in jungle is planned. Breakfast at 07:30 Hours. Post breakfast, Start riding again by 08:00 for Dam dama forest check post which is 30 km hardcore cycling through the tough single trek jungle trails.
- Lunch at Dam Dama
- Post lunch, a parting ceremony, As the lovely time spent riding our bicycles across Jungles of Southern Rajasthan ends here, we part ways with a souvenir for you to show your friends back home when you share your adventurous memoirs.
- A bus will be ready to drive us back to Udaipur.
Terms and Conditions- :
Things to carry
- For availability & Enrollment contact us.